I swear my roommate Bianca and I could be part time psychologists/ therapists. The amount of motivational advice we text each other, whether we are in the same house, or hours away, is borderline ridiculous, but at the same time very encouraging lol. So I thought I would share some of the life lessons Bianca has taught me.
1. You got to risk it to get the biscuit (lol)- If you want something you’ve never had, you have to do something you’ve never done. You can’t live your life in fear. It is better to try something, then not try, and wonder.
2. “You need to go out and live the dream, no fear, just do it”- You need to chase what you want, because if you don’t, others will. Go out and find what you love.
3. “Never a failure, always a lesson, or something to be laughed at”- As long as you learn from your mistakes then you’re good to go. Nothing is a failure because you tried, and that is better then not trying.
4. You have to put yourself out there (something I am currently working on)- Take a chance, and do things that are out of your comfort zone. Being nervous is okay, but don’t let fear run your life. Go out and live.
5. Broaden your horizons- Go out and meet all sorts of people who will teach you different things. Change is good, get experience, don’t be afraid.
I recently read The Fault in Our Stars by John Green, which I LOVED. I took many quotes from the book which I think about quite often. One of my favourites definitely has to be from the male lead, Augustus Waters:
“You are going to live a good and long life filled with great and terrible moments that you cannot even imagine yet!”
This reminds me that life is beautiful, life is great, and there is so much more to come!
Look around you.